Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Spaghetti Non-Western

This is a film score to wait for: According to yesterday's Süddeutsche Zeitung (which cites the dpa, which in turn cites the Iranian press service Mehra), the 79-year old Ennio Morricone has been commissioned to score a film about Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, to be directed by Behrouz Afkhami. As much as I like the idea of a Morricone score -- in addition to his well-known film scores, Morricone has real avant garde street creds, even participating in Franco Evangelisti's Nuova Consonanza project -- I was kinda hoping for something more like an Indian musical. As Emma Goldman put it, "if I can't dance I don't want to be in your revolution," and unless the militants and Mullahs are willing to sing and dance, I sure don't want to watch their revolution.

No comments: