Wednesday, February 28, 2007

More Light: Taylan Susam

Taylan Susam is a composer who has generously shared a number of scores with me, and now has a web page of his own with scores to download. The notation in his pieces is radically concentrated, often to just a bit of prose and a field of random numbers or single pitches on staves. He's interested in some very basic elements of music -- intonation, continuity, contrasts between sounds and silences -- and this radical concentration is anything but a naive response to those elements. I look forward to hearing more.

2 comments:

Taylan Susam said...

Update
My scores can now be found at:

www.uploaddownloadperform.net/TaylanSusam

Sophie Grace said...

Outstanding blog post, I have marked your site so ideally I’ll see much more on this subject in the foreseeable future. Go with link picbear